This is not the first book about IDA Pro. However, this is the first
book I recommend to anyone using IDA Pro because of the following points:
- Comprehensive: it describes all major IDA features
by starting at the beginning and going all the way to the end.
Experienced users may be tempted to skip the first few chapters; resist this
temptation and you will discover something new (I did
- Accurate: it is very difficult to be detailed and precise when describing
such a complex product. Chris does it excellently well.
- Real: handles real world malware, packers, and obfuscated code
- No fillers: it is direct and concise
- Profound: this is not just a collection of recipes or tricks, but will give
you a better understanding of the IDA architecture, thus saving you
from unnecessary frustration. Knowing the limitations of your tool is just as
important as knowing its capabilities.
It comes tons of code snippets, scripts, and sample modules. Programming for IDA Pro is covered
too: from simple plugins to processor modules.
If you want to use IDA efficiently, get your copy from No Starch Press!
UPD for numerologists: the book has exactly 640 pages, no less, no more!